International Scholarship for Nepalese Students | Study Abroad
Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship
Brief description: The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
|Maastricht University||Masters Degree|
||Netherlands Course starts September 2019|
|Host Institution(s):||Maastricht University, Netherlands|
|Field of study:
||List of participating Master’s programmes under this scholarship programme.|
|Number of Awards:
||International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.|
|Deadline: 1 Feb 2019 (annual)
Who is eligible?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2019.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019-2020 scholarship programme applicants.
Duration of the Holland-High Potential Scholarship
- 13 months for a one-year Master’s programme
- 25 months for a two-year Master’s programme
Amount of the Holland-High Potential scholarship programme 2019/20
|Living expenses||€ 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)||Paid to students by the Scholarship Office|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 520 (subject to change in 2019)||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Visa application costs||€ 192 (subject to change in 2019)||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,000, € 15,000 or € 17,500 depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||€ 695||Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office|
To apply for the scholarship, you must first register for one of the participating Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number which you will need in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online. The application deadline is 1 February 2019.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.