Embassy of India recently announced the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme to all the Nepalese students who are currently studying in class 11. Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme will be provided to 1000 Nepalese students. Similarly, for the 1st year student, the Government of India announces the Golden Jubilee Scholarship Schemes to the Nepalese student.
Find the detail and Eligibility criteria for the Scholarship in the post below.
- For Class 11 Application Submission deadline: November 25, 2019
- For Class 12 Application Submission deadline: By the 2nd week of December 2020
In order to submit the application either visit the official website of Government of India http://www.goischolarship.com.np/. or visit the Embassy of India in Kathmandu or you can also attach all the necessary documentation to the email email@example.com
Criteria/Eligibility for Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
- he/she must be a regular student of the 1st year/1st semester and the applicant must upload proof od student studying in class 11 attested by Principal.
- he/she must score at least 70% aggregate marks in Intermediate (+2) and the applicant must upload the original +2 mark sheet.
- Original Citizenship card (if yours else of your parents) should be uploaded.
- If you are the physically challenged student, you must upload the proof attested by CDO/LDO/Municipality head.
- The proof of family income should be uploaded that is stated in a piece of paper and must be attested by CDO/LDO/Municipality head. (Note. the family income must be less than NRs.2,00,000/-)
- Age Limit: Applicant should be between 17 to 22 years of age as on 1 July 2020.
- Note: If an applicant is receiving the scholarship through any other source, he/she will not eligible for Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- Note: If you are currently enrolled in a diploma course then you are not eligible for this scholarship.
Scholarship amount to be awarded and Duration of Scholarship
|Course||Scholarship Amount||Scholarship Duration|
|Others (B.A, BCom, BSc, etc)||NRs.3000/month||3|
The successful candidate in the previous year or semester will get this scholarship scheme for the next year/semester too i.e. This Scholarship scheme will valid for the whole course duration. The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails in any of the two semesters/years or discontinues study or any other valid reason. In order to continue the scholarship scheme, the applicant should upload the following documents.
- Original Marksheet of previous passes semester/year.
- Proof of applicant, whether he/she is currently studying in recognizes institution which must be authenticated (with seal) by the principal of the college/institute.
Things to be noted:
- Applicants are requested to visit the Education Wing of the Embassy of India in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- Please state all your information clearly, if you are filling the application form online.
- If the entered marks do not match with the marks in the file upload, the scholarship might get rejected or get into the cancelation process.
- Please read the guideline and instructions before you proceed to fill up the online application.