Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 for Nepalese Student
Embassy of India recently announced the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme to all the Nepalese students who are currently studying in class 11. Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme will be provided to 1000 Nepalese students. Similarly, for the 1st year student, the Government of India announces the Golden Jubilee Scholarship Schemes to the Nepalese student.
Find the detail and Eligibility criteria for the Scholarship in the post below.
- For Class 11 Application Submission deadline: November 25, 2019
- For Class 12 Application Submission deadline: End of November 2020
In order to submit the application either visit the official website of Government of India http://www.goischolarship.com.np/. or visit the Embassy of India in Kathmandu or you can also attach all the necessary documentation to the email [email protected]
Criteria/Eligibility for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
- he/she must be a regular student of Class 11 and the applicant must upload proof od student studying in class 11 attested by Principal.
- he/she must score at least 60% aggregate marks in High School (SEE) and the applicant must upload the original SEE mark sheet.
- Original Citizenship card (if yours else of your parents) should be uploaded.
- If you are the physically challenged student, you must upload the proof attested by CDO/LDO/Municipality head.
- The proof of family income should be uploaded that is stated in a piece of paper and must be attested by CDO/LDO/Municipality head. (Note. the family income must be less than NRs.2,00,000/-)
Scholarship amount to be awarded and Duration of Scholarship
The selected applicants get NRs.2000/- monthly.
The successful candidate in class 11 will get this scholarship scheme for the next year too i.e. This Scholarship scheme will valid for both classes 11 and 12. The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails in class 11 or discontinues study or any other valid reason. In order to continue the scholarship scheme, the applicant should upload the following documents.
- Original Marksheet of Class 11.
- Proof of applicant, whether he/she is currently studying in class 12 which must be authenticated (with seal) by the principal of the college/institute.
Things to be noted:
- Applicants are requested to visit the Education Wing of the Embassy of India in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- Please state all your information clearly, if you are filling the application form online.
- If the entered marks do not match with the marks in the file upload, the scholarship might get rejected or get into the cancelation process.
- Please read the guideline and instructions before you proceed to fill up the online application.