General Questions related to 4G/LTE Network
- What is 4G/LTE?
LTE stands for “Long Term Evolution”. It is the next generation of wireless data technology after 3G, commonly referred as 4G.
- What are the benefits of upgrading to 4G/LTE?
It provides you path breaking mobile internet experience, buffer-free streaming and amazingly clear videos. It enables you to enjoy bandwidth intensive contents such as videos/music streaming, cloud services and alike.
- What are the factors affecting 4G/LTE speed?
The actual speed depends on various factors like:
• Device used andphone capacity to get maximum speed
• 4G/LTE network coverage
• Distance between user and base station
• Nature of built-up area
• Number of data/internet users at a time (traffic over the internet)
• 4G/LTE technology adopted
- What are the requirements for getting 4G/LTE service?
You will require a 4G/LTE handset, 4G/LTE compatible SIM & should be present in a 4G/LTE network coveragearea. You will not be latched onto 4G/LTE network in absence of any of these requirement
- How will I know if my handset is ready for 4G/LTE?
Please check the network setting of your handset and look for available network it supports. Besides 2G and 3G (WCDMA) there must be an option showing 4G/LTE.
- If I put a 4G/LTE SIM on my 3G handset, will it work?
The SIM will work as a normal 3GSIM; you will not be latched onto 4G/LTE network.
- How will I know that I am connected to 4G/LTE network?
You will see ‘LTE’ or ‘4G’, depending upon phone models, next to the signal bars at the top of your screen.
- Will my device always stay connected to 4G/LTE network?
No, you will not always be connected to 4G/LTE as this depends on your location and 4G/LTE coverage/signal strength available to you. You might notice that your device is switching between 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE as you move around.
- How do I turn on 4G/LTE on my handset?
Please go to network setting on your handset and select 4G/LTE under network type.
- How do I switch back to 3G/2G?
Please go to your handset’s network setting and select 3G/2G.