Vacancy Announcement From USAID Nepal
USAID Nepal invites applications for employment from all interested and qualified candidates for the position of Project Management Specialist-Rehabilitation Specialist in Health Office, under a Foreign Service National (FSN) Personal Services Contract (PSC) subject to availability of funds.
|All interested and qualified candidates
|Project Management Specialist-Rehabilitation Specialist-FSNPSC -10
|June 1, 2019
|June 14, 2019 — 5:00 P.M Kathmandu time
|Full-time; 40 hours/week
|NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
KEY FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Project Management Specialist (PMS), also called Rehabilitation Specialist at Post, is a mid-level professional in the Health Development Office (HO) and is primarily responsible for technical, programmatic and administrative oversight of rehabilitation programming. This includes activity management, coordination with stakeholders, promotion of USG’s inclusive development policy, and diffusion of learning about rehabilitation, disability management, and inclusive development. As a member of the HO, the PMS will also lead and/or support the office on a number of cross-cutting issues to be identified and to support additional health activities as required.
1) Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or rehabilitation or related disciplines.
- At least five years of experience in rehabilitation service delivery or rehabilitation programming with increasing responsibilities, either in interactions with clients in rehabilitation service delivery and/or rehabilitation program management. Experience in developing countries preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, program design, implementation and oversight of USAID or other donor programs in the area of rehabilitation, either from within donor or implementer’s team.
3) Post Entry Training: On the job training will be provided in USAID programming and implementation procedures.
4) Language Proficiency: Excellent oral and written English skills and Nepali skills (Level 4 proficiency is required in both English and Nepali)
5) Knowledge: Knowledge of rehabilitation service delivery principles and development programming. Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in program data collection and evaluation
6) Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn the US Government’s budgeting and procurement policies and procedures
- Ability to collect, synthesize and make use of rehabilitation-related data for the purpose of communicating and designing strategy and to communicate with clients and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a complex donor environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software is required
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to work with diverse groups.
- The high degree of judgment, maturity, and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work.
A detailed job description for the position can be obtained by visiting USAID/Nepal’s website at http://www.usaid.gov/nepal/careers or by requesting USAID/Nepal’s Human Resources Office ([email protected]).
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume – not to exceed 3 pages – and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the full job description. Please provide names of three references and their contact numbers and email addresses as well. Please send your application to the attention of USAID/Nepal Human Resources Office, U.S Embassy Maharajgunj, G.P.O. Box. 295, Kathmandu, Nepal. Applications may be sent electronically to [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in the hiring process.